Natural Fertility and IVF Support
All-rounded solutions to infertility
Infertility is a devastating experience for many couples these days. Infertility affects both men and women.
The causes of infertility are complex. Infertility results from a male factor in about 35% of cases, and a female factor in about 50%. About 10% of infertility problems remain unexplained even after complete medical evaluations. Around 5% are due to infertility in both partners. Traditional Chinese Medicine can help to improve natural fertility rate.
Some women who cannot get pregnant naturally choose to use IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) treatment.
IVF process involves fertilising the egg in a laboratory rather than in the woman’s fallopian tube. The use of acupuncture to improve the outcome of IVF has become widespread over the past 15 years. Some research has shown that acupuncture significantly increases pregnancy rates.
Natural Fertility and IVF Support treatment in our clinic is all-rounded which includes acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, cupping, moxibustion, Qigong exercise, as well as dietary and lifestyle advise.
In general, the treatment focuses on assisting with conception in the following ways:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Increase the basal body temperature
- Increase blood flow to the uterus
- Increase the thickness of uterine lining (endometrium)
- Regulate hormones to produce more follicles
- Improve the function of the ovaries to produce higher quality eggs
- Increase sperm quality (volume, count, motility, morphology)
- Decrease stress and alleviating any psychological issues